The 1st client can be the most difficult to win. Many call centres set out with good intentions but end up on a path towards low-end outbound. We have worked with many call centres to obtain either their first ever client or their 1st client in a new geography. Many offshore call centres win their 1st projects from The United States (or even Australia) but when they start to try to win business, they fail to achieve the success they thought they would. So, here are a few tips to remember when trying to target the UK marketplace.
- Firstly, remember that the UK market is very competitive. Plenty of other vendors are already here.
- Winning UK business (or at least good business) takes time and generally much longer than in The United States. Face to face meetings (and plenty of them are essential).
- Get a USP. Many Philippine call centres think the fact that they are based in The Philippines is a USP. It is not! There are many Philippine centres pitching their business here.
- Get someone on the ground. Don't think you can fly in and sell business. It doesn't work.
- Make sure your sales material is UK focussed. We can help with this as we've done it many times. You'll be surprised at how many changes you need to make it to ensure your message is received properly.
- Be open-minded on commercials. We've worked with a number of companies who think that they can get a UK client to pay for their telecoms set up. Why should they when there are plenty of Philippine centres with it already set up.