Posted On March 22nd, 2013
BPO revenue in the Philippines increased 18% during 2012 (to $13 billion) according to the Information Technology and Business Processing Association of the Philippines (BPAP).
The number of workers increased 22%, from 640,000 to 780,000.
- BT are hiring 800 more call centre employees to deal with the launch of its Sport TV channel
- Call Credit has sold its Bristol call centre to Echo Managed Services
- Infosys intends to invest more in Europe especially in
Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
- Liverpool Council takes on 50 apprentices at its call centre
- The Everest Group estimates that over $100 billion worth of IT services contracts will come up for renewal this year.
- Convergys is looking to hire 300 employees at its Tucson, AZ facility.
- Sykes is looking to hire 350-450 employees at a newly leased call center in Eugene, Oregon
- Serco intends to close its Preston operation, which will impact 475 employees and has been servicing Shop Direct.
- TRG Customer Solutions is looking to hire 620 employees at its Spring Hill, Tennessee.
- Rogers Communications has closed a call centre in Fort Erie, Ontario, which will impact 100 employees.
- C3 is looking to hire 2,000 employees in two new centres in the Philippines over the next year.